UPDATE: As of July 27th, 2020
Costa Rica has announced reopening effective August 1st for tourists from European Union, United Kingdom and Canada.
Costa Rica also announced measures to which tourists must adhere if they visit the country.
- Tourists must complete and present an epidemiological survey.
- Tourists must present proof of a negative PCR coronavirus test. The result must have been received within the 48 hours before their travel to Costa Rica.
- Tourists must acquire travel insurance that covers medical care or an unexpected extended hotel stay.
- Tourists must follow all airport and local health protocols. This includes wearing a mask or face shield in nearly all indoors circumstances.
Make sure to watch this video to look at the protocols for arrivals and departures at SJO.
Nicaragua has the following updates in operations of flight airlines:
- Aeromexico: resumes operations September 3rd.
- American Airlines: resumes operations August 5th.
- Avianca: September (date to be confirmed)
- Spirit Airlines: August (date to be confirmed)
- United Airlines: August 3rd.
Dates are subject to change.